Course Info - Diagnosing and Treating Opioid and Other Substance Abuse Disorders
Diagnosing and Treating Opioid and Other Substance Use Disorders: (8 hours)
- Review the FSMB and CDC guidelines
- Informed consent and treatment agreements: when to use, with samples
- Treating pain inside the hospital
Meets the DEA MATE requirement!
Earn up to 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™! Plus ABIM MOC credit.
This 8-hour online course provides the essential training for healthcare providers to diagnose and manage patients with opioid and other substance use disorders. It fulfills the new, one-time eight-hour DEA requirement of the MATE Act for all registered practitioners on treating and managing patients with opioid or other substance use disorders.
Seven video modules, developed with a practicing addiction medicine specialist:
- Summary and Take Home Points
- Opioid Use Disorder
- Alcohol, Stimulants and Co-Occurring Substance Use Disorders
- Opioids and Pain Management
- Patient Interview: Opioid Use Disorder
- Patient Interview: Stimulant Use Disorder
- Patient Interview: Alcohol Use Disorder
All the major points are covered in the Summary and Take Home video, with a pdf of the Take Home Points available. For online CME we are required to have a posttest, and all the questions are taken from the Take Home Points.
DEA Education Requirement
As an accredited organization named in Section 1263 of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2023, Global Education Group certifies that completion of this course meets the DEA requirement for 8 hours of education on substance use disorder(s).
We constantly evaluate new studies and guidelines, and adjust our course content accordingly. Our goal is to always present the latest info that will help you improve how you care for patients.