Frequently Asked Questions
We started by offering the best Hospital Medicine CME, and people love it. We've now added Outpatient / Primary Care CME. The concept is simple:
- The best content: 16 hours of CME highlighting the latest guidelines, studies and updates that affect how we manage patients every day. Content is case-based, with actual patient scenarios and questions.
- Flexible scheduling: Offered multiple times a year, at multiple locations.
- A “Working Vacation:” Family-friendly tourist destinations with a schedule that allows you to have fun while you earn CME.
- Reasonable pricing: We strive for the entire week to fit within a typical CME budget.
We also offer the same content in online courses.
The online version is included for conference attendees! We really want everyone to have a "working vacation" so including the online content gives you more flexibility.
We also offer a separate 2 hour CME program covering Opioid Prescribing and Pain Management. It is also included for people who purchase and attend our live conferences.
How does CME Vacations differentiate themselves from other CME providers?
1) We review the latest guidelines as well as relevant studies and provide the consolidated information to you in easy Take Home Points. You can apply the most current recommendations in your practice without spending countless hours reviewing documents. We do it for you!!
2) We promote working vacations at fabulous sites. We make CME fun by only having classes half of the day so that you are encouraged to have some fun the rest of the day.
3) We provide both online and in person courses. Additionally, if you attend a CME seminar, you receive FREE access to the online course for flexibility and review purposes.
What is your refund policy?
Please see our refund policy page for detailed information.
Do I have to stay at the hotel where the conference is?
No, you can stay at any hotel you like. We strive to offer great value and options when we choose our venues, but budgets, tastes and preferences vary. If the conference is at a hotel that includes breakfast for hotel guests (such as Embassy Suites) then breakfast is probably not included if you choose to stay elsewhere.
For cruises, you do need to book your cabin through CME Custom Travel, the details are on the product page for each event. This is a cruise line requirement - groups have to be managed through one agency.
How do I get my CME certificate?
On the last day of the conference, you will receive access to an online evaluation which you will need to complete. Your CME certificate will be emailed to you after completion of the evaluation.
Is Hospital Medicine Update only for hospitalists?
No, our content is useful for others, too. There are physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants that all function as hospitalists, as well as some specialists that handle inpatient work, such as surgeons or other specialists that admit patients. Our conferences have been attended by hospitalists, NPs, PAs, cardiologists, ED physicians, anesthesiologists, surgeons, gastroenterologists, nephrologists and others. Some PCPs also care for inpatients - this is perfect for those providers, helping them stay current. It's also very applicable for students and residents, especially those considering becoming hospitalists, and helpful for board review.
Our content is appropriate for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, surgeons and other specialists such as cardiologists, ED physicians, anesthesiologists, gastroenterologists, nephrologists, dermatologists, and others. It's also very applicable for students and residents and helpful for board review.
Will I get printed slides?
We do not provide a printed set of slides. We will email you the conference slides 3 days prior to the start date, allowing you enough time to print slides if you desire. These are formatted 6 to a page in a pdf document. We do provide some handouts, including a "Take Home Points" for each lecture. At the conference, we provide the slides in pdf format, one slide per page, so it's easy to follow along on a phone, tablet or laptop.